A Jacksonville, Arkansas toddler is among the children harmed by yet another recalled Chinese manufactured toy. The child was playing with the toy when the mother noticed him stumbling and vomiting. The child was rushed to Children’s Hospital in Little Rock, Arkansas when he began losing consciousness.
The sudden illness has been linked to the chemical coating on the beads , which when ingested, metabolizes into gamma hydroxy butyrate- more commonly called the “date rape drug”. When eaten, the compound can induce unconsciousness, seizures, drowsiness, coma, and death. The severity of the symptoms depends upon the age of the victim. Since Aqua Dots are marketed for young children the potential for death rises.
The unfortunate aspect of recalled toys is that thousands of them have been sold and children placed in harms way before the Consumer Product Safety Commission can begin to act to protect U.S. citizens.
Contact us at Bailey and Oliver Law Firm if your child has been hurt by this product or put in danger by any product marketed for children.
For more information on this subject, please refer to the section on Defective and Dangerous Products.